WHERE TO GO IN BUDAPEST | Holiday Outfits, Recommendations & Top Picks

Well hey everyone.

It's been a LONG time coming since I've written a blog post. Well, in fact I haven't written one this year, and it's August, so that's pretty diabolical. Anyway, for those that have stuck around, I thank you because you are incredibly patient. I'm determined to get back into it now and kick straight back into the blogging world. SooOoOoOo, I thought I would kick my blog back off again by updating you with my holiday to Budapest, showing you some of my holiday/festival outfits and any recommendations for those travelling to Budapest soon or those who are just curious and want a good ol' read.

Firstly, we went to the Széchenyi Thermal Baths located in the City Park. It was really easy to get too, we used the metro (M1) from Oktogon to Széchenyi fürdõ - only a 10 minute journey. It is one of the LARGEST spa's in Europe, with 18 pools, 10 sauna's/steam room's and they even provide massages and facial treatments at an additional cost. I mean, what's not to love?


S W I M S U I T :



I HIGHLY recommend to those of you going/planning to go to Budapest, the thermal baths have to be on the list. There's quite a few dotted around in Central of Budapest, but this one definitely didn't disappoint. The baths are also open from 6am - 10pm so you have plenty of time to squeeze it in when it suits you. It literally was (I kid you not) getting into a bath, I think the temperature almost reached 30 degrees. It was incredibly relaxing and exactly what I needed before a crazy 7 days at Sziget. There's also a bar there where you can grab a beverage if you wish (we most certainly did, and lived our best lives). 


Moving on, although our main reason for travelling to Budapest was purely for Sziget Festival, we also managed to see a few sights within the City. Whilst on a boat party (so cultural right), the boat took us down Danube River where we managed to see some of the major sights including the Hungarian Parliament Building. The architecture within the City was IMMACULATE, and if I had a few more extra days in Budapest I would of loved to have the opportunity to explore a bit more of the City. (I guess that's another reason for me to go back!) BUT, having seen the parliament, it is definitely a sight worth visiting.



So, having seen a bit of the City, we made our way to Sziget Festival. For those that haven't heard of the Festival before, it's a Music Festival located on Óbudai island just North of Central Budapest. It's about a half-an-hour trek via public transport, but as mentioned earlier, the metro was really easy to understand and thankfully we didn't get lost on our travels. The music runs for 7 days (yes, and I managed to survive the 7 days, just) and some of the acts playing this year included: Kendrick Lemar, Stormzy, Arctic Monkeys, DUA LIPA, Mumford and Sons, Bastille, Gorrilaz and Llana Del Ray. Those were just a few of my favourites from the week. I hadn't been to a festival abroad before, but hands down it was one of the best festivals I have been too. And, I must add, one of the best ways to celebrate 21 years of existence within the universe!

(me, on my 21st birthday) 

   O U T F I T  :




Although the festival was purely music focused, Sziget had SO much to offer. I hadn't been to a festival before where you were literally lost for choice on what activities to get up too. I mean, the festival even had a beach where you could relax, rent a pillow and just chill out (this was great for when you were suffering from a hangover). There were clay making classes, hula-hooping sessions, tight roping, cinema viewings and one evening we even watched a bit of belly dancing. I mean, you can't say you can do that at every festival! I definitely got the sense that it was a very creative festival, and I loved that the festival provided you with the opportunity to unleash your own creativity.

   

O U T F I T :

Weekday 90s Bikini Top
Floral Skort (Similar)
Tortoise Shell Sunglasses


O U T F I T:




I hope you get the sense that I had the BEST time. Quality music, quality friends and although I probably didn't get the most quality sleep, it was so worth it. The festival itself is an incredibly international festival too that we met SO many people from all over the world. It was great how thousands of people from numerous cultures and languages came together to enjoy music.

Lastly, something that I want to add, just incase any of you are contemplating of going yourselves (which you should 100% do), is that we stayed in VIP camping and I feel that this made SUCH a difference to our overall festival experience. Although we had to pay an additional charge, in terms of showers and toilets, they were a really good standard, regularly cleaned and you hardly had to que. The VIP camping also provided a SWIMMING POOL (uh, amazing) which was great to lounge by in the day and great for when you wanted to cool off in the 35 degree heat.


O U T F I T  : 



Sziget you were an absolute blast, thank you for having me and thank you for the crazy memories!

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I'll see you soon in another one,

Chloe x

Comments

Popular Posts