Baking 101: The YUMMIEST banana bread

Wellllll hey all.

Hope you are all well and are having a fab weekend.

I've recently been getting back into baking. I reckon it's the time of season and that I'm craving super  hearty recipes. But also, I find it really therapeutic and find that it takes my mind off daily stresses!!

Anyway, I made a banana bread for the first time for my family and I, and I'm not bragging here - but it was delicious. So delicious in fact, I HAD to share it all with you to make and try out yourselves.


 YOU'LL BE NEEDING:

- 140g soft butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 v v ripe banana's, mashed
- 50g of icing for decoration
- dried banana chips/almond chips for decoration

TO DO:

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.

2. Pre-line the base of a loaf tin with the softened butter.

3. Cream together 140g of softened butter, and 140g of cast sugar until light. Once done, slowly add the 2 beaten eggs with the 140g of flour.

4. FOLD the remaining flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powered and 2 mashed banana's.


5. Pour into the tin, and bake for about (ish) 30 mins. Check with a skewer/knife so that it comes out clean to make sure it's fully cooked.




6. Cool in the tin for about 10 mins, then remove from the wire rack.

7. For the decoration, mix your 50g of icing sugar, with 2-3 tips of water to drizzle on top. Add the dried banana/almond chips on top.

8. Eat & enjoy the yummiest banana bread!




Make sure to share on social media if you do give it a go!!

Please let me know if you would like to see more baking recipes on my blog, sure to be baking a lot more on the run up to Chrimbo...

See you soon in another blog,

ThatGingeGirl

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts