Where to go in Berlin | Food, Landmarks, Clubs & Coffee Shops

Wellllll hey all.

Hope your doing well and are powering through the midst of the week! 

For those of you that don't follow me on social media (ummm you really should - @thatgingegirl_), I went to Berlin for a long city break away and literally had the B E S T time! If I'm being completely honest, it was never a place on my list of places to go and visit, but I've always heard a lot of positive remarks about the city so thought I'd give it a try. I must say, I was easily persuaded and it's turned out to be one of the best cities in Europe I've visited to date (good job Berlin).

Anyway, a few of you have also been mentioning that you're taking a trip to the city soon so I wanted to share my recommendations of places I encourage you to go, eat, visit and party! Their were some super hidden gems that we found dotted within the City and they 100% deserve a mention - read on to see what I got up too!

What to do in the day:

OOTD:

Headband: Topshop (Similar)
Coat: Zara
Jeans: Zara
Shoes:  Adidas Falcons
Sunnies: Accessorize

Firstly, there's SO much to do and see in Berlin that unfortunately we didn't get to see it all (another reason to go back), but if you are confident with bike riding in the City then I highly recommend hiring some for the day. For us, it was such a great way to see all the profound landmarks dotted around the City, some were including: Brandenburg Gate, Victory Column, Berlin Cathedral and the Parliament. We were cycling for a gooooood three hours (and I had a severe bike bum the next day hah) but it was so worth it. The architecture within the City is absolutely stunning and there is SO much culture to see, so being able to see it all on bikes not only ticks a lot of boxes but saves yourself a bit of time too.


Landmarks: Brandenburg Gate, the Parliament & Berlin Cathedral at night


Mauerpark Markets:

Although we checked out a lot of popular and touristy sites around Berlin, we also explored the outskirts of Berlin towards Mauerpark (the North of Berlin). It was for sure one of my highlights of the trip as their was so much to see and do, and it was such a great but busy atmosphere. The local markets, hosted on a Sunday, had a tonne of independent stools selling clothing, jewellery vinyl's and antiques, and their were plenty of food stores where we grabbed some lunch (suitable for meat eaters, veggie's & vegan's!) There's also so much entertainment to watch, we watched some amazing but hilarious drummers and local dancers in the sunshine. There's also no entry fee too which makes things 10 times better. Definitely go give it a visit.


Berlin Wall

Whilst on our travels, we wanted to go and see some history whilst in Berlin. As previously mentioned, their is so much culture and history to visit and learn - the Berlin Wall being one of them. It's a bit further out from the Central City but you can easily get a tram to the site, or walk their if you fancy. Personally, I really enjoyed going to see it and found it really interesting, but it's obviously a lot to take in. There's a lot of art dotted along the Berlin wall that's really nice to see too - but if you're into your history then I would definitely recommend going to take a visit.


OOTD:

Top: Topshop
Coat: Zara
Backpack: Fjallraven Kanken
Shoes:  Adidas Falcons
Sunnies: H&M

Food & Coffee Shops:

Now for the important bit (am I rightttt) - FOOD. There were some uh-mazing restaurants and coffee shops that we visited around the Central area of Berlin. We predominately stayed within Alexandraplatz as our hotel was also located in the same area and their were SO many places to pick from but I thought I'd condense it down and show you a couple of my favs.

Firstly, I have to give a massive shout out to District Coffee just North of Berlin and not far from the Berlin Wall (we went here for brunch then went to the Berlin Wall after, only a 10 min walk away!). It was probably one of the best brekkie's I've had (no joke). It was super Y U M (I had the french toast on the left), pretty reasonably priced and had a lovely interior and atmosphere inside. The staff were also so lovely and super helpful with our annoying and picky orders! It was rather busy though, so give yourself enough time if you need to wait for a table as obviously everyone else had the same idea!


My other shoutout goes to L'Osteria the most delicious Italian restaurant that we stumbled across not far from our hotel in Alexandraplatz. If you are a fan of pizza or pasta (I mean, who isn't) then definitely go and pay it a visit! Just to note, the pizza's are ginormous and if you are super super hungry you probably could demolish it, but I was just as full with a half pizza. There's so many toppings to choose from too which was great, I had a veggie one which was fab. Interior, atmosphere was also top notch (great for the gram's) and surprisingly affordable, which of course is another huge perk.


OOTD:

Top: Topshop
Headband: Topshop (Similar)


What to do in the evening - clubs & bars:

As for evening activities, we ventured out to a few bars and clubs dotted around the Central of Berlin.   Going to the TV Tower was another one of my highlights from the City break (there were a few of em). It's the tallest tower in Germany and you could overlook the wonderful sites and landmarks of Berlin. We got a few cocktails at the top of the observation deck (probably a bit more pricey than usual), but it was so worth it. I would suggest going around sunset (3/4pm) as it was stunning to see the sunsetting across the City. You can also get food at the top too, but we opted just for drinks (you have to pre-book if you want lunch/dinner there). One bit of advice that I would suggest, is pre-booking the tickets in advance as the queues can be quite long so it does save all the hassle and a lot of time! 

As for you party animals (me included hehe), the nightlife was pretty wicked. If you are looking for clubs I would highly suggest looking around Alexandraplatz. We went to the House of Weekend and also Avenue Berlin on two occasions and I really enjoyed both - the genre is R&B and Hip Hop and their were a few UK bangers too!


I really hope you enjoyed this blog and that I have provided some useful recommendations to those visiting soon, or may have encouraged some of you to pay a visit to Berlin! Comment below on any of your recommendations if you've also been for others to share.

See you soon in another blog,

ThatGingeGirl 

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts