Blogging Event with The Ivy, Oxford | Opening Event

Well helloooo there!! 

Long time no speak, again. I really need to get my ass back into gear again hah. It's been kinda mental over here. I feel like my full-time job is eating up the majority of my time, and having to balance gym, sports, relationships, seeing friends etc. is kinda tricky on top of writing content for my blog and YouTube (although I really do miss it, a lot). Anyone else feeling the same?

Anyway, something that I have been wanting and meaning to write about this week is that I was kindly invited by The Ivy in Oxford to there official opening event before opening their doors to the public on the 5th of November (which was the Tuesday JUST gone, so go go go get yourself there right now). The event involved a lot of free champagne (yes please), canapés and a live DJ. Not only this, but I also got to meet some absolutely lovely bloggers based in Oxford which really was great. I've noticed within this industry that it can be quite insular, so it was great to get myself out there and meet others who are also passionate and involved in the blogging world.


OOTD
Mesh Top: New Look
Leather Trousers: New Look (similar)



Firstly, can we just acknowledge the absolutely s t u n n i n g decor, scenery and aesthetic in this restaurant. Honestly, it was stunning. It has this very classic and luxury vibe, but with a modern and botanical twist. I love it. There's a tonne of art on the walls, super comfy seats and booths - and a very pristine bar. I can imagine it being the most ideal setting for family celebrations, reunions with friends orrrrr for a date night with that crush you've just been fancying for ages (or to celebrate your 1 year anniversary with your bae because you want to be all romantic and that). There was also a separate room upstairs, which can be hired out for events or dinner parties which had it's own separate bar and dining area.


(free champers, why thank you)

I've been to an Ivy before in Chelsea, and I remember the food being absolutely delicious and such great quality. I was looking forward to trying out some of the starters and desserts from the menu - and they did not disappoint! I HIGHLY recommend the lemon meringue pie for any of you sweet tooth's out there. I had to resist from eating anymore because it was so damn good.



I mean, even the toilets were pleasant to be in! What more could you want? It was great being able to check out the new venue. Thank you to The Ivy for inviting me - to those that haven't been before, I highly recommend taking a visit. If you're after delicious food in an beautiful setting, this is the place to visit. I'll definitely be coming back to visit very soon, can't wait to see the restaurant all up and running now it's officially open!

Thank you so much for reading my blog, and I'll see you in another one very soon (hopefully much sooner then my previous post hah).

ThatGingeGirl x

Comments

Popular Posts